Follow Us

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Another Shatta Wale-Samini Story: Even MzVee’s Noise Couldn’t Get Her To The Top — Says Kaakie


We at OMGGhana.Com detest people who beat about the bush over obvious things, Kaakie is very talented and took the dancehall scene by storm. She even competed with Shatta Wale once and won an award against him.
It’s quite unfair to compare Shatta Wale and Kaakie but in Kaakie’s absence, a new dancehall artiste, MzVee came to run things (She still is) and building his fan base slowly. She even bragged once that she (MzVee) is not intimidated by Kaakie and she is the real Dancehall Queen (you know how Ghanaians love titles).
Between both artistes, I can say they are equally good but I will personally choose Kaakie over MzVee for so many reasons but let’s leave that for another day. Kaakie was interviewed today on Prime FM and she bragged. As much as she didn’t mention names, it’s obvious who she was referring to and it’s none than MzVee.
Of course competition helps in many ways and we know for sure Kaakie is doing this to promote her new single “Ronaldo (LISTEN HERE“. It might work, maybe she will be the next Shatta Wale. Below is what she said in her interview.
Hahaha. While I was taking care of other similarly vital engagements people thought I was just a flash in the pan who would not continue with my music career. I’ve been quiet because I needed a lot more concentration in my umpteenth uni activities.
It was all good and I’ve completed successfully with a degree in Nursing, and I am back in the scene fully to prove that I am the dancehall Ronaldo. While they were busy making so much noise, I watched and laughed behind the scenes.
I’ve done over 10 new studio jobs and didn’t even know which to drop first. But I finally settled on #Ronaldo. I dribble their thoughts like Cristiano Ronaldo and I am very matchless on the scene with full dominance on the scene. While I was away all their noise about this and that, people comparing me to babies yet those babies with their noise couldn’t even go beyond Nsawam.
I’m the female dancehall nonpareil in Africa and my fanbase keeps spreading like cancer – I do classic songs that are ageless so I have no time to worry about toddlers. So much love for my music – the numbers keep multiplying from Gabon, Gambia, Zambia, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Cameroun, Nigeria and even Mauritius. I’m very busy, I’m on another level now. They ain’t seen anything yet!
Tell us, who you think she was referring to.

Source: omgghana.com (@omgghanadotcom)

0 comments:

Post a Comment